- To initiate a co-ordinated and cohesive Youth Competition Climbing Team for Victorian Sport Climbing Members. This Team will be termed the Youth Competition Climbing Victoria (YCCV)
- To establish a platform for information, education, support and communication for youth members, parents/guardians and coaches.
- To encourage a collaborative cooperative approach to building climbing skills for competition climbers in lead, speed and boulder.
- Any youth member of SCV affiliated with a training squad who has competed in social, informal or state events is eligible to apply for membership of YCCV.
- Coaches can invite squad members who have competed in social, informal or state events to apply for membership of YCCV.
- The competitor must be 19 years and under, i.e. climbing in Youth Categories as per IFSC regulations.
- Must have competition experience – casual comps are included (For example: Bayside Boulder Bash, Northside Boulder ladder, Tour de Cord etc)
- Must be a member of SCA or SCV or be willing to join.
What we offer
The following will be provided for all members:
- YCCV hoodie and singlet to wear to competitions (*singlet optional to wear at events)
- Two training sessions; 1 per discipline with coaches
- Group information night for parents, guardians and coaches of competitors