Sport Climbing Victoria Initiative for Youth development
- To initiate a co-ordinated and cohesive Youth Competition Climbing Team for Victorian Sport Climbing Members. This Team will be termed the Youth Competition Climbing Victoria (YCCV)
- To establish a platform for information, education, support and communication for youth members, parents/guardians and coaches.
- To encourage a collaborative cooperative approach to building climbing skills for competition climbers in lead, speed and boulder.
- Any youth member of SCV affiliated with a training squad who has competed in social, informal or state events is eligible to apply for membership of YCCV.
- Coaches can invite squad members who have competed in social, informal or state events to apply for membership of YCCV.
The competitor must be 19 years and under, i.e. climbing in Youth Categories as per IFSC regulations.
Must have competition experience – casual comps are included (Bayside Boulder Bash, Northside Boulder ladder, Tour de Cord etc)
Must be a member of SCA or SCV or be willing to join.
What we will offer
The following will be provided for all members:
YCCV hoodie and singlet to wear to competitions *singlet optional to wear at events
Two training session 1 per discipline with coaches
Group information night for parents, guardians and coaches of competitors