Sport Climbing Victoria Initiative for Youth development
- To initiate a co-ordinated and cohesive Youth Competition Climbing Team for Victorian Sport Climbing Members. This Team will be termed the Youth Competition Climbing Victoria (YCCV)
- To establish a platform for information, education, support and communication for youth members, parents/guardians and coaches.
- To encourage a collaborative cooperative approach to building climbing skills for competition climbers in lead, speed and boulder.
- Any youth member of SCV affiliated with a training squad who has competed in social, informal or state events is eligible to apply for membership of YCCV.
- Coaches can invite squad members who have competed in social, informal or state events to apply for membership of YCCV.
The competitor must be 19 years and under, i.e. climbing in Youth Categories as per IFSC regulations.
Must have competition experience – casual comps are included (Bayside Boulder Bash, Northside Boulder ladder, Tour de Cord etc)
Must be a member of SCA or SCV or be willing to join.
What we will offer
The following will be provided for all members:
YCCV hoodie and singlet to wear to competitions *singlet optional to wear at events
Two training session 1 per discipline with coaches
Group information night for parents, guardians and coaches of competitors
The 2017 Vic State Titles will be apart of the Victorian Boulder Series.
This event will be held at Bayside Rock.
More information to follow.
- Provide support for Victorian Youth climbers throughout the day of competition. Coach must be accessible and available to climbers for the duration of the competition.
- Ensure athletes are adequately warmed up Assist athletes with qualifier round route reading
- Preparation in isolation (assist with warm up, mental prep and support, climbing order etc.)
- Assist with equipment preparation (ie have spare chalk, chalk bags, shoes, water, tape, harnesses etc).
- Watch for issues during Qualifiers and lodge appeals if necessary
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
- Have current Working with Children Check
- First Aid and CPR
- Have a firm understanding of discipline and competition regulations
- Ability to communicate effectively with officials and athletes
Please send a 1 page expression of interest addressing your ability to meet the above responsibilities and essential skills to email@example.com by COB Wednesday the 17th May.
Payment for the 3 days will be discussed upon application.
Apologies for the delay! Please find in the PDF link below, the combined results of the 2017 Victorian Tour de Corde. Thanks for participating in the 2017 Vic Lead season we hope you are getting ready for Nationals!
Sport Climbing Victoria and Red Cross are working together to bring something special to the climbers in Victoria. A specialised 2-hour session will go through climbing-injury specifics in a controlled environment.
WHY: when you’re a casualty, your well-being is in the hands of your partner/s…so please consider asking them to hit “LIKE”.
COST: $20 per person, all profits will go back into the outdoor climbing community via Cliffcare.
CONTENT: it’s all about stabilising an injured climber, as best you can, while you wait for the cavalry. So, amongst other things, and with hands-on exercises, you can learn what first aid the experts would do for:
– head, neck and back injuries
– unconscious climber
– and more
You do NOT get a certificate. This is about what to do, and what not to do, when things go pear-shaped at the crag.
VENUE/S: Bayside Rock, 9 Network Drive, Carrum Downs
WHEN: Wednesday 22 June, 7pm to 9pm. Additional sessions will be run if there is demand.
RSVP: Please indicate on the facebook event if you plan to attend and see you there!
Relive the action and have a look for yourself in this amazing highlights video from the 2015 Boulder Climbing Championships.
This wrap up video shows all the highlights from the 3 day event in Ballarat and reminds us of the beautiful problems. Check it out!
The next national event is the Oceania Lead and Speed Titles at SICG in Sydney. Head over here to find out more.
Following on from the successful state title events around the country, Sport Climbing Australia will be hosting the Oceania titles in Sydney June 17-19th. This is the first time in a number of years that an Oceania event has been held in Australia and we would love to see a big team of Victorians there representing us.
With Speed being held on the Friday afternoon and Lead on the Saturday and Sunday it is sure to be an action packed weekend at SICG Villawood.
Full event details are available in the info pack and registration is via the Sport Climbing Australia website.
Keep training and we will see you there!
Bogong Equipment is a climbing orientated outdoor retailer located in Melbourne’s CBD.
We stock everything you will need at the crag or gym, such as climbing shoes for all skill levels, approach shoes, ropes and cords, active and passive protection, carabiners, hangboards, cragging packs, climbing clothes, and guide books.
And we source these products from the leading brands in climbing: DMM, Wild Country, Prana, La Sportiva, Edelrid, Sterling, Petzl and more.
We are open seven days a week so please come by and have a chat with our expert staff.
LIGHTWEIGHT 9.5mm ROPE DESIGNED FOR TODAY’S SPORT CLIMBER.
It’s light enough for redpointing, but still has the legendary durability for which New England Ropes is known. Pinnacle is also an option for the trad climber who wants to climb longer pitches without adding weight or sacrificing durability and abrasion resistance. All Pinnacle ropes have an Endura Dry-treated core and 3 versions feature a 2X Dry cover, making Pinnacle a good choice for a lightweight single ice rope as well.
EQUINOX IS THE BEST VALUE IN A HIGH QUALITY ROPE
Manufacturing costs are minimized by incorporating more white yarns in the sheath construction, which reduces the expensive yarn dying processes. The durable Equinox features an Endura Dry treated core and is made to the same high standards as our Apex series. With its excellent knotability, ease of clipping, and its slim 9.9mm and 10.2mm diameters, the versatile Equinox is ideal for sport climbing or multi-pitch routes. EN 1892