Expression of Interest (EOI): SCV nominations for the SCA Board of Directors.
Sport Climbing Australia (SCA) is seeking nominations from their state bodies for the SCA board of directors. If you are a Victorian resident and interested in a position on the SCA board, please forward your resume and a 1 page expression of interest addressing your ability to meet the roles and responsibilities as listed below.
EOIs to be sent to email@example.com by the 23rd February 2018.
The roles and responsibilities for SCA directors are detailed below.
Sport Climbing Australia Director Position
Location: Meetings via videoconference.
Remuneration: Voluntary position.
- Meeting as a board for the development of the sport in Australia.
- Governance of the sport of sport climbing in Australia.
- Further develop the sport of sport climbing in all its aspects.
- Coordinate and sanction national and state events.
- Development of policies relating to events, selection and officials.
- Communication with member states, stakeholders, coaching team.
- Administration tasks relating to the running of SCA.
- Meetings are held every month with additional meetings as needed.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- High level of motivation to develop the sport of climbing.
- Strong communication skills.
- Previous sporting board experience at a state or national level.
- Experience in governance and policy development.
- Strong community relationships preferred.
- Experience with ASC preferred.
- Experience with other boards preferred.
The SCV board will forward competitive applications to the SCA board for consideration.