- Provide support for Victorian Youth climbers throughout the day of competition. Coach must be accessible and available to climbers for the duration of the competition.
- Ensure athletes are adequately warmed up Assist athletes with qualifier round route reading
- Preparation in isolation (assist with warm up, mental prep and support, climbing order etc.)
- Assist with equipment preparation (ie have spare chalk, chalk bags, shoes, water, tape, harnesses etc).
- Watch for issues during Qualifiers and lodge appeals if necessary
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
- Have current Working with Children Check
- First Aid and CPR
- Have a firm understanding of discipline and competition regulations
- Ability to communicate effectively with officials and athletes
Please send a 1 page expression of interest addressing your ability to meet the above responsibilities and essential skills to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Wednesday the 17th May.
Payment for the 3 days will be discussed upon application.
Apologies for the delay! Please find in the PDF link below, the combined results of the 2017 Victorian Tour de Corde. Thanks for participating in the 2017 Vic Lead season we hope you are getting ready for Nationals!
Relive the action and have a look for yourself in this amazing highlights video from the 2015 Boulder Climbing Championships.
This wrap up video shows all the highlights from the 3 day event in Ballarat and reminds us of the beautiful problems. Check it out!
The next national event is the Oceania Lead and Speed Titles at SICG in Sydney. Head over here to find out more.
Sport Climbing Victoria would like to invite our members to participate in the 2016 Leading Ladder.
There will be three rounds:
Round 1: February 1-14
Round 2: February 22- March 6
Round 3: March 14-27
Each round will consist of 7 climbs at each of the 4 participating gyms; Bayside Rock, The Rock, Hardrock Nunawading and Hardrock CBD.
To enter all you need to do is pick up a scorecard for $2 from each of the host gyms.
Sport Climbing Victoria, in conjunction with Sport Climbing Australia, are hosting a training camp for youth climbers interested in trying out for the Australian Climbing Team.
The camp will run from midday on Friday the 5th of February until Sunday the 7th at 4pm. As well as tryout simulations for Boulder and Lead, there will be presentations on warming up, injury prevention, competition formats, competition tactics, core training principles, injury prevention and nutrition.
National Coach Will Hammersla says; ‘This is a fantastic opportunity to get some experience in the facilities that will be hosting tryouts. Pick up tips and training ideas from those that have made the team before, so you’re ready for April.’
The camp will be hosted by Bayside Rock on the Friday and Saturday and Hardrock Nunawading on the Sunday.
The camp is designed for all youth considering trying out for the Australian team in 2016 or in the future. We also encourage coaches to attend and participate in the training camp.
Registrations are now open on the Sport Climbing Australia website and you will find the information pack at: